Online Adoption Application
- Please consider your application carefully and complete only if you are serious about adopting a Pug and have read the introduction and FAQ's pages on our website.
- Please read about Rescuing an Old Pug here.
- Please read about Rescuing an Old Pug Vs A Puppy here.
- Please read about our Special Needs Pugs here.
- Before being offered for adoption, we make sure all OPR Pugs are examined by a vet, neutered/spayed, current on all vaccinations including rabies, are heartworm negative, and microchipped for identification.
- We make every effort to make our process as expeditious as possible. Please note that every application receives a thorough and complete evaluation.
- Pugs are placed into a family based on the compatibility of the criteria you provide and the traits and attributes of the available Pugs. Our goal is to make each match permanent and this requires diligence and patience.
- OPR does not adopt outside of the state of Ohio, no exceptions. If you live outside of Ohio and wish to adopt a Pug then please refer to your local Pug Rescue.
- Click the 'Create an Online Adoption Application' button. You will be prompted to enter your name and email address. You will then be assigned an Application Number and will be forwarded to the online form. You will receive a confirmation email verifying the creation of your application.
- Write down and save your Application Number for future reference.
- You will not be able to log back into the application to update incomplete information so please be prepared to list three references with at least one veterinary reference.
- Your application is automatically submitted. Once all of your information has been entered there is nothing more to do to submit the application.
- Fill out all of the sections in their entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered.